Ponsonby Charges joined with the United Church of Canada in 1925
In 1925, the Ponsonby Charges joined with the United Church of Canada with Rev. A.E. Millen as the first minister after Union.
In December 1928, the Mount Pleasant appointment was temporarily closed and was officially closed in June 1930 when Rev. J.A. McLachlan was the minister.
In 1936, the church was wired for electricity and in 1939 a new furnace was installed.
Starting 1946 Rev. A.O.W. Foreman was minister and following him in 1949 Rev. T.J.Rees of Elora United Church conducted the services in Bethany and in 1950 Bethany was officially united with the Elora Circuit. The parsonage was sold to Mr. Bruce Gammie in 1950 and also in 1950 an oil-burner heating system was installed in the church.
In 1951, the auditorium of the church was re-decorated, the pews refinished, the choir loft remodelled and a new Ketterman Electric Organ installed, A new communion table and pulpit was donated by the Dunbar family in memory of their parents, Mr. and Mrs. Peter J. Dunbar.
In 1952, a new asphalt roof was added and the exterior of the church was stuccoed.
In 1956 a Cairn was erected at the old cemetery in memory of the pioneers of Ponsonby and a service of dedication was sponsored by the Bethany United Church Some of those taking part in the ceremony were Rev. T-J.Rees, A.A. Badley, Rev. N. Robertson, Ed Wallace, Wm.W. Lasby, Russell Hall, Spencer Hall, Joseph Dunbar, Gertie Maitland and Norman Stafford.
In 1957, the Baptismal Font was purchased and in 1962 the washrooms, kitchen sink and pump were installed. In Nov. of '63 a porch was built over the basement door.
On January 17, 1965 an unveiling ceremony was performed by Miss Maria Hall of Guelph, a former member of Bethany, assisted by Russell Hall and Rev. T.J. Rees. The plaque unveiled was purchased by Russell Hall and his committee and bears the inscription:"In memory of the Pioneers of Bethany Church who lit the Lamp of Faith in this Community."
In 1967 the women of the congregation organized a Centennial Tea which drew back to Bethany many of our former members.
In 1968 Mr. Hommersen took over as minister from Mr. Rees who had been our minister for some twenty years.
In 1971 the present organ was purchased from special donations to the organ fund. Also in 1971 the church was painted and new floor covering installed in the Sunday Schoolrooms.